Sunday 22 December 2013

Pumpkin Cheesecake and Whipped Cream

Well, better late then never!

I have been absent for a few months for one very important reason...I MOVED! 

I won't get into the boring details like the endless days of people coming to view my home, finding a renter and having for 4 days to move, moving in with my parents and then moving out of my parents...but none of that matters because I am finally in my dream home and in my dream neighborhood.

Since I had to spend all my time keeping my house clean for viewings (and they always wanted to view it at supper time) and then having to spend all my time packing....my meal plans went out the door. However, we are finally settled so I am hoping to get back on the wagon.

I am going to post 3 new great recipes and then in the next few days I am going to post my top 10 recipes from the past year.

This recipe for Pumpkin cheesecake is more of a thanksgiving/fall dessert, but I think it can be eaten any time of the year. This was my mothers request for her birthday dessert and we are all very happy with how it turned out. I also made homemade Whipped Cream to put on top.


Pumpkin Cheesecake (not a great picture but I didn't have much time while I was serving guests)


Ingredients

Crust:
1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 stick melted salted butter


Filling:
3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
1 (15-ounce) can pureed pumpkin
3 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
1/4 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract


Directions


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

For crust:

In medium bowl, combine crumbs, sugar and cinnamon. Add melted butter. Press down flat into a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.

For filling:

Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add pumpkin puree, eggs, egg yolk, sour cream, sugar and the spices. Add flour and vanilla. Beat together until well combined.

Pour into crust. Spread out evenly and place in oven for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let sit for 15 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment