Sunday 22 December 2013

Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce (Gluten Free)


This recipe was THE BOMB!!! 

We made this for my son's advent calendar activity that he earned that day. He was in heaven.

I made boxed fudge brownies, added vanilla bean ice cream and then topped it off with this fudge sauce. I thought my body was going to start vibrating from the sugar rush. I even made homemade whipped cream, but we were so eager to eat it, that I completely forgot to put it on top! 

This would be great idea for a birthday party if you wanted to do something different then a cake. One year, we had a Sunday bar for my son's birthday and I wish I had this recipe then. It is better then any store bought Hot Fudge Sauce.

NOTE: this recipe can last in the fridge for 2 weeks and you can just reheat it in the microwave in 30 sec intervals.



Homemade hot fudge gluten free

Ingredients
  • ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
  • 4 squares (4 ounces) unsweetened chocolate
  • 1½ cups sugar
  • ⅛ tsp. salt
  • 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
  • 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Instructions
  1. Place the butter and chocolate squares in a heavy saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring with a whisk, until they melt. Turn off heat.
  2. Whisk in the sugar and salt.
  3. Whisk in the evaporated milk and heat over medium heat. Cook at a gentle simmer, whisking constantly, until the sauce thickens enough to coat a spatula, about 12-15 minutes. AKA a freaking long time. It is important that it is a low heat, but it still needs to simmer or you will be whisking FOREVER without it thickening up.
  4. Turn off the heat and stir in the vanilla.
  5. Serve within an hour, or cover and place in refrigerator. Keep refrigerated until ready to use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment