Sunday 2 June 2013

Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes

Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes

My family loves pancakes. 

We usually make them at least once a week and I love trying different kinds. I love lemon flavoured anything, so I thought these looked and sounded pretty good. I did like them, but they are not something I would make all the time. My man said that they are better for supper then a breakfast and I think I agree with him (shhhh....don't tell him).

They made a big batch, so I froze the rest and they re-heated well.


Ingredients:
2 C flour
1 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1/3 C sugar
pinch of salt
1/3 C poppy seeds **I think I would put less next time, maybe a 1/4 C)
zest of 4 lemons **I only had 3**
2 C buttermilk
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 T butter, melted
butter, to serve (and for griddle)
fresh blueberries  **optional, I didn't have any, but it would have been a nice addition**

Directions:   
1. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
2. In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, eggs, butter, lemon zest and poppy seeds.
3. Add the wet to the dry until it's the right consistency (you might not use all wet) Stir all ingredients together until they're just combined.
4. Heat up griddle to medium-hot and brush with melted butter. Pour about 1/3 C of batter in skillet. Wait until pancake bottom is golden and flip with a spatula. Cook other side until golden. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
5. Serve with warm syrup, butter, and fresh blueberries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment