Tuesday 18 June 2013

Apple Pecan Salad and Spicy Potato Wedges

So, the ribs that took me 4 weeks to finally make were not a keeper. I am not sure if it was because they were overcooked or because I didn't like the BBQ sauce that I chose (President's Choice Apple Butter) or maybe it was a combination of both.

So, this post will be about the side dishes I made this week. They were good, nothing that I would rave about, but good enough to make when you are tired of making the same old side dishes.

Spicy Potato Wedges:

These were good, but coming after I discovered my Honey Dijon Roasted Potatoes, they were a little lack luster. I would still make them again though.


Ingredients: **I halved the recipe**
  • 2 1/2 pounds (1.13 kg) potatoes 
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced (or maybe 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
  • 2 teaspoons dried parsley
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt 
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 450°F / 230°C. Pour the olive oil into a mixing bowl and add the spices and mix with the olive oil.
  2. Clean the potatoes and slice the potato into even wedges. Put the potatoes in the bowl and stir until they are well coated. Put tin foil on a baking pan and then pour the potatoes on the sheet.
  3. The baking time will vary depending on how big your wedges are. I usually bake mine for 20 minutes, take them out of the oven to flip them, and bake for another 10 – 15 minutes. If you want them crispier, just bake them for a few minutes longer.
Apple Pecan Salad
So, I was not happy with how the homemade vinaigrette turned out with the original recipe, so next time I will just buy to store made made Balsamic Vinaigrette. I still wanted to post this recipe though, because I actually like the salad.
Salad:
Lettuce of your choice, I used a mix and added some left over spinach
Green Apple, sliced
Pecans
Red Onion, very thinly diced
Cucumber, diced
Peppers, diced
Feta Cheese

I combined all these ingredients and then drizzled on the dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment