Sunday 28 April 2013

Asian Peanut Butter Pork Crockpot

Asian Peanut Butter Pork Crockpot

I tend to search for recipes that I know will be quick to make when I get home from work so I can spend time with my kids. It kills me that I don't get to sit down and play with my daughter after not seeing her all day and rush right into making supper. This was the first night that I got to come home and play with her for an hour because the pork was already done and I had bought a ready made salad!

I have not used my crockpot in quite some time and I am not sure why. I have been pinning some recipes for my crockpot on pinterest, but I guess I have not had much inspiration from them.....until this recipe. I am SO glad that I made it because it was very tasty. If you love Asian peanut butter sauces, then this is the recipe for you.

I cooked it in low for 8 hours and turned into pulled pork, so I was glad that I chose to eat a salad as a side dish to balance the textures. I needed some crunch with this pork! I also got some crunch from the crushed peanuts that I crumbled on top, which made this dish go from good, to great. 


Ingredients:

1.5-2lbs pork tenderloin
1 onion, sliced in rings
1/4 cup soy sauce 
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
3 tablespoons water
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
2 tablespoons chopped peanuts 
1 lime, cut in wedges 

**I recommend a salad as a side and use Asian Sesame dressing because it complements the pork nicely**


Directions:

1. Use a 4-6 quart crockpot

2. Put onion slices into the bottom of your crockpot. Put the pork on top.

3. Add brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, water, garlic, and peanut butter. No need to stir--the peanut butter needs to melt before you can do so. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 4-6. 

4. The pork will be more tender the longer you cook it. 1 hour before serving, flip the meat over in the crockpot to allow the other side to soak up the peanut buttery goodness. 

5. Garnish with chopped peanuts, and serve with lime wedges. The lime juice mixed with the peanut butter is delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment