Sunday 21 April 2013

Asian Chicken Kebabs


I made Asian Chicken Kebabs instead of steak this week because I never got around to making it earlier this month on my meal plan. I really wanted to try it and I am glad that I did.

I LOVE this marinade. It was tasty and spicy and I will be making this again.


ADJUSTMENTS TO THE ORIGINAL RECIPE:

- The original recipe called to marinade the veggies as well, but I only marinated the chicken. 
- The original recipe calls for 4 chicken breasts, but I only made 2 chickens and it fed 3 people with left overs. 
- The original recipe said to heat up the marinade, but we didn't heat it up and it turned out wonderful.


Asian Chicken Kebabs

YIELD: 4 servings

INGREDIENTS:

FOR THE MARINADE

1/4 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons honey
1-2 teaspoons Sriracha (or other hot sauce)
3 slices fresh ginger root
2 cloves garlic, crushed

FOR THE KEBABS

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cubed
1 large green bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
1 red onion, cut into wedges
1 large red bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a container big enough to contain your chicken, combine the soy sauce, oil, honey, Sriracha, ginger root, and garlic. Add cubed chicken to the marinade, cover and put in fridge. I let it marinate all night.
2. Thread the chicken, green bell pepper, onion, and red bell pepper pieces onto skewers alternately. 
3. Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Grill Asian Chicken Kebabs until chicken is just cooked through, turning occasionally, about 9-12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment