Sunday 24 March 2013

Spaghettini with Spinach, Garlic and Lemon

Spaghettini with Spinach Garlic and Lemon



I made this for lunch the other day and it is was so yummy. I think I may make a large batch and use it for lunches at work.

I wouldn't serve this dish as an entree, but it could be a good side dish to any kind of protein for supper.

The only adjustment that was not in the original recipe, was that I added Parmesan Cheese. Cheese makes everything better.

Ingredients 

1 lb spaghettini, angel hair or spaghetti pasta

6 tablespoons olive oil
8 garlic cloves, crushed or minced
zest of one lemon
juice of one lemon
10 oz bag of baby spinach

1/2 cup of grated Parmesan Cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Method


1. 
Bring a large pot of well salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions.

2. In a skillet, heat 6 tablespoons olive oil over medium low heat. Add garlic and cook for 2-4 minutes.


3. Scoop the pasta out of the pot with tongs and add to the pan. Stir to make sure it is all coated.

4. Add lemon zest and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and stir. I like to let the juice reduce, then I add the Parmesan cheese. Stir every few minutes to try and get the noodles a little crispy.

5. Add the spinach and stir for 2 minutes to let it wilt. Then serve.





No comments:

Post a Comment