Tuesday 5 March 2013

Sometimes healthy food doens't taste good

So, my son and I made the healthy Strawberry Shortcake Muffins (click for link) yesterday. The recipe called for 1/2 cup of stevia, but I didn't have enough, so I used some stevia and the rest with sugar (I really wanted to avoid using sugar). I know my palate is used to sugar and how it makes everything taste SO much better and if I just cut most of it out of my diet, my palate would adjust....but I am not sure if I want to bad enough. These muffins were not awful. They were moist and fluffy....but tasteless. They look yummy though.


 I just don't love muffins enough to eat a tasteless one. I would probably have to slather it in warm butter to enjoy it....which totally defeats the point of eating healthy muffins. My son did not like it, but my man and daughter did, so they were not a complete waste of ingredients and time. I will eat 1....maybe 2 because they are not awful....but I will not make these again. I am still on the hunt for healthy, but tasty muffins....

My son and I never got around to making the Muffin Tin Tacos yesterday because we ran out of time. However, he doesn't have school due to March Break anyway, so we will make them another time. I will post them when we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment