Thursday 3 January 2013

Spicy Thai Noodles

Spicy Thai Noodles

Craving Asian food?  Want something easy and quick to make? Want something SPICY? Craving noodles? Then this recipe is for you.

I had pinned this recipe on Pinterest, as well as a friend highly recommended it to me. I LOVED it. A LOT. However, I did make it too spicy. It was edible, but next I time I will tone it down. I halved the recipe, but I will be posting the full recipe. I also used less oil. See notes in the ingredients list. Even if I didn't halve the recipe, I still would have used a lot less oil.

Ingredients:

1 box of whole wheat linguine (or noodle of your choice)
1-2 tbsp of red chili flakes (I halved the recipe, so I put in a little under a tbsp, next time I will put in a tsp)
1/4 cup of vegetable oil (I used 2 tbsp)
1/2 cup of sesame oil (I used a little under a 1/4 cup, the person I got this recipe said they use sesmae oil ONLY)
6 tbsp honey
6 tbsp soy sauce
Carrots, grated (I grated half a carrot)
Green onion, chopped
Cilantro, fresh
Peanuts, crushed

Directions:

1. Chop onion and cilantro, crush peanuts and grate the carrots.

2. Cook the noodles and drain.
3. Heat both oils and red pepper flakes on low to medium heat, strain pepper and reserve oil.
4. Whisk the honey and soy sauce in the oil.

5. Pour over noodles. Can serve hot or cold.

6. Add the garnishes when you plate the food.



4 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! It reminds me a bit of that other spicy noodle recipe you gave me a while back, which I love and make quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It reminds me of it too, but I think I like this better.

      Delete
  2. Hey! Nice bowls! I have the same set!
    That looks amazing... might have to add it to my rotation :)

    I'd be curious to see the original recipe as well... do you have a link to your Pinterest page anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Click on the title at the top of this post and it will bring you to the original recipe. The title is in blue/green.

      Here is link to my food board on pinterest if you are interested.
      http://pinterest.com/amanda_foo06/food/

      Delete