Tuesday 1 January 2013

Bourbon Chicken and Jasmine Rice

Bourbon Chicken

This recipe was sweet and spicy and very yummy. What I love best about this recipe is that it is very easy and quick to make. The only thing I didn't have in my cupboard was the cider vinegar. I made jasmine rice and added some sauteed onions and peppers to it. I forgot to take pictures because my parents were here and they loved the recipe too. I highly recommend it.

Ingredients:

2 poundsboneless chicken breasts; cut into bite-size pieces
1 tablespoonolive oil; (1-2)
garlic clove; crushed
1/4 teaspoonginger
3/4 teaspooncrushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cupapple juice
1/3 cuplight brown sugar
2 tablespoonsketchup
1 tablespooncider vinegar
1/2 cupwater
1/3 cupsoy sauce
1 tablespooncornstarch; (if thick sauce desired)

Instructions:

Heat oil in a skillet.
Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
Remove chicken.
Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium heat until well blended and dissolved.
Add chicken and bring to a hard boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes uncovered.
Serve over hot rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment