Friday 21 December 2012

Snicker Fudge

Snicker Fudge

I am making this for my bake exchange with my girls this weekend. The ingredient list seems easy, just time consuming to make. I hope they turn out. I always end up making a new recipe for this exchange and I never know how it will turn out. Fingers crossed!! I will be back later with my review and pictures.

It was a HIT! It was a lot easier then I thought and not as time consuming as I thought. Since it was made in layers, I could do a layer, freeze it and come back to it when I had more time. It was also one of the best things I have baked for my bake exchange. It was very rich and sweet, so it should be consumed in small doses, or you may end up with a sugar hang over ;)

**NOTE** The caramel runs like crazy once it is cut. I suggest you keep it in the freezer**

Ingredients:

1 bag milk chocolate chips separated (you will need 2 cups, and the bag I bought didn't have exactly 2 cups, so I added some semi sweet that I already had)
Peanut butter
1 cup salted peanuts
1 1/2 cup Fluff
2 bags Caramels (you will need 14 oz and that is exactly 30 caramels)
1 can evaporated milk
1 cup sugar
4 tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla
Tin foil or wax paper

1ST LAYER
 In and small bowl, combine:
1 cup of milk chocolate chips
1/4 cup of peanut butter

Line a 9x13 dish with tin foil or wax paper. Heat in the microwave in two 30-second intervals, stirring after each. Stir until creamy and then pour the mixture in an even layer into the bottom of the prepared pan. Place the pan in the freezer.
2ND LAYER 
**I found it helpful to have all the ingredients measured and ready to go before I started because it comes together quickly**

In a medium saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. 
Add:
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup evaporated milk
Stir and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.

Remove from the heat and add:
1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme/Fluff
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
Stir until combined.

Add 1 cup of salted peanuts.

Stir until combined. Remove the pan from the freezer and pour the mixture in an even layer over the chocolate layer. Place back in the freezer.
3RD LAYER

In a small saucepan, add:
14-oz. bag caramels, unwrapped **30 caramels**

1/4 cup evaporated milk
Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the caramel is melted and smooth. 
Remove the pan from the freezer and pour the caramel over the top in an even layer. Place back in the freezer.
4TH LAYER:
In a small bowl, combine:
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
Heat in the microwave in two 30-second intervals, stirring after each. Stir until creamy. Remove the pan from the freezer and pour the mixture in an even layer onto the top. Make sure the caramel layer is firm before doing this.
Refrigerate for 1 hour (or perhaps you could cheat a bit and freeze for a shorter time like I may or may not have done).

Peel the foil or paper off, then cut into chunks. The caramel will run, so keep in freezer or fridge.









4 comments:

  1. *drools on keyboard*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so freaking good. You would love it.

      Delete
    2. I WILL be trying this!

      Delete
  2. Let me know what you think of it! Keep it in the freezer, the caramel runs like crazy after its cut.

    ReplyDelete