Monday 10 December 2012

Shopping List for week of Dec 10 2012

For the shortbread cookies and Icing:

- icing sugar
- milk
- corn syrup (can use light)
- unsalted butter
- cornstarch
- salt (but I would not use salt next time)

Chili:
- lean or extra lean ground beef, just a small package is fine unless you want to double the recipe
- red kidney beans (I only use 1 can, but if you like a lot of beans, by more and/or other kinds as well)
- small jar of salsa (I buy medium because I like a little kick)
- 1 bottle or can of spaghetti sauce or tomato sauce (I use whatever I have on hand or on sale.  Tomorrow I will be using left over marinara sauce that I need to use up)
- Can of diced tomatoes
- 1 onion
- Garlic
- Peppers (I use a little red, yellow and orange. Put as much in as you like)
- Celery (If I have celery, I add it, but it is not required)
- Chili powder
- dried Parsley
- dried Oregano
- Cumin
- Red Pepper Flakes or Hot Sauce

Chicken Stew:

- Big bag of red potatoes (will need to shepherd's pie recipe as well)
- carrots (can be baby carrots)
- 1 red onion
- balsamic vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- garlic
- dried thyme
- dried rosemary
- dried tarragon
- frozen peas (though the recipe called for green beans, I would rather peas in mine)
- 2 or 3 boneless skinless chicken
- reduced sodium chicken broth (I use epicures, it is my favourite)
- flour
- dry white wine. I buy a few small bottles of this so I can always have wine on hand for cooking and not have it go bad.


Shepherd's Pie: (I sometimes make extra to freeze, so you can buy extra beef and veggies if you want)

- small package of lean or extra lean ground beef
- 1 onion
- Peppers (as much as you want)
- garlic powder
- ketchup
- brown sugar
- red potatoes
- sweet potato (optional)
- butter
- milk (healthy) or whipping cream (not so healthy)
- favourite cheese
- prepared yellow mustard. This is what mine looks like:

Twirly Wirly Pizza:

- favourite pizza dough, I buy the already made frozen dough at Sobey's in the freezer by the bakery
- Pizza sauce, can buy a can or make homemade like I do. If you want homemade, then you will need tomato paste, garlic, oregano, onion, basil)
- favourite pizza toppings, but keep it simple. I will be using fresh basil, red chili flakes, fresh mozzarella, onion, and bacon




No comments:

Post a Comment