Tuesday 18 December 2012

Balsamic Bruschetta Grilled Chicken

Balsamic Bruschetta Grilled Chicken

         I followed this recipe closely, other then adding red onion to my bruschetta toppings. I am very glad I did. I did not use a grilling pan, as I do not own one. I am a BBQ woman. I use my BBQ all year round....of course it decided to pour down rain tonight....but it was worth it. I LOVED this recipe. If you like Bruschetta, then you will love this. There was little food prep time, a short cooking time and there was little mess to clean up afterword. I love low maintenance, but tasty recipes.

I served Caesar salad as a side and it went very well together. If you are only cooking for 2, cut the recipe in half. It still works out fantastic.

INGREDIENTS:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thawed (I use the big Costco bag)
Pinch of salt
¼ Cup balsamic vinegar
¼ Cup extra virgin olive oil
8 slices fresh mozzarella cheese

4 Roma Tomatoes, seeded and diced
8 fresh basil leaves,**I used freeze dried because there was no fresh basil at the store**
3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
Pinch of salt
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar


DIRECTIONS:


1. Preheat a grill pan over medium heat on the stove top. Spray with cooking spray. Combine balsamic and olive oil in a bowl. Season both sides of chicken with pinches of salt and place on grill. Brush top sides of chicken with balsamic mixture. Cook for 4-5 minutes and flip chicken. Brush with additional balsamic and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes or until cooked through. During the last 2 minutes of grilling place 2 slices of cheese over top each chicken to melt.


2. In a large bowl combine the tomatoes, basil garlic, salt and balsamic. Toss gently to combine. 


3. Place chicken breasts on a serving plate and top with tomato mixture. Serve warm.




1 comment:

  1. Another one I will be trying! I should NOT be reading your blog at supper time. I'm starving now!

    ReplyDelete